Monday, March 1, 2010

Why Correy


By Miranda Herrington

I feel like I need to write this. Coincidently it turns out that while I was reading the book "My Sisters Keeper" a boy named Correy died, he was 22. Vanessa is one of my mom's good friends and Correy was her youngest son. I'd met him before, it was shockingly painful whenI heard the news. I cried that night with my mom thinking that it wasn't fair that he died. He was such a good guy he was sweet, caring, funny, he was so many things that these words don't do him justice. He died in a diving accident and no can explain exactly what happened not even the coroner. Correy was so many things to people he was a brother, a friend, a man who was in love, a little kids best friend, and a son. The day I finished this book was the day of Correys funeral. I was balling my eyes out the entire day. There so many thoughts swimming in my head: why Correy?It's not fair he was living his life the way all of us should be trying to with vibrant energy and loving God. I don't think that this pain will go away anytime soon but I know I am going to thank God for every breath that I breathe because I never know when it will be my last.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thank You Miranda for your story, your thoughts & feeling give us comfort knowing Correy touched so many peoples lives, your so very right about "living each day to it's fullest as it may be your last."
It's important to know too God cried & grieved with us when Correy died.
THANK YOU & God Bless!
Correys Dad

Ashley Caraway said...

I just finished that book, and although different circumstances, I'll tell you... I equated the same factor with Correy's death : SHOCKING! NEVER EXPECTED IT! WHAT THE F! IT'S NOT FAIR! ETC.! ETC.!