Friday, September 18, 2009

CHAMPION


I met Correy when he was about 5 years old as a friend of my daughter Lori Ann. At first when Lori Ann was speaking of her friend Correy, I as her dad thought it was a girl. She was speaking about her friend coming to spend the night and when Correy arrived I was quite surprised to see that in fact Correy was a boy. I had to get over that one because they were together all of the time.

Lori Ann was a soccer player, and Correy would visit Lori while she was practicing. Lori had soccer practice with her brother Matt at the park by the house. Lori and Matt would ask Correy if he would like to be a goalie and he said yes. I asked if he would like to be a Champion as a goalie, he said yes, so I had him practice with Matt and Lori. I told him that if he practiced one day he will be a champion. I could see in his eyes that someday he will be a champion. The day came when he was a goalie for Herman Jr. High School for the championship game. The game was over and Correy was the champion goalie that day for Herman School and team. (the first time ever the school had one the championship). I knew that day that Correy would be a champion all of his life in all he did and liked to do. I thank the Fedor family for giving me a chance to know all of you.

Cornelius M. Lopez

No comments: