Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Short One

This one probably goes against the grain for the Correy that you all know, but it's pretty typical if you know a 5 - 6 year old or two.

Christmas or a birthday one year, we went to visit Ness and Joe and the boys.  I, of course, had to tote the presents in from the car.  Ness had come out to the front step to greet us and I noticed that Correy was clung to her pant leg with a huge smile on his face.

Smile was for the presents....not for his cousin.

He said something to the effect of, "Are those for me?!!"

I chuckled (more of a "you spoiled little..." chuckle) and said, "Nooo, sorry bud".

That huge smile and those big blue eyes of his quickly disappeared as he turned into his mom's leg and started bawling like you wouldn't believe.

That is my oldest and only memory that really stands out of Correy when he was a youngling.

Thought you might all appreciate it.

No comments: