Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Dive Suit PROWLER





By Correy's Dad
Correy has quite a few full length dive suits, he always maintains & cleans ALL of his dive gear to the best of his ability. Last year at Any Water Sports, where he worked he bought a new hanger/electric dryer for his full diving suits after using them. As much as Correy dove even a few days having a dive suit wet was too much, nothing like putting on a wet, clammy suit! He used to wash them in the driveway out front,then hang them in the garage until they were dry, the new electric dryer cut the drying time in half. The wet suit dryer is a rigid clothes hanger with an electric drying motor, you zip up your suit on it, hang it up so it's off the ground & it would literally inflate the entire dive suit with warm air, almost looked like someone was in it when inflated, minus the head. I do a lot of yard work out back, so earlier this year I installed an outside waterproof outlet, just beside the patio door. I guess Correy seen it one night after diving & thought I had installed it for him. He washed his full dive suit on the patio & hung it from a bracket with the suit hanger dryer plugged in & drying & inflating his suit. Well, I'm an early riser, so at about 4:30 am, I'm walking from the living room into the kitchen, it's still pretty dark outside, but we did have almost a full moon still lighting the backyard. Through the partially opened window blinds I see what appears to be a tall, muscular person by my patio door,I ducked down crawled back into the living room & grabbed my loaded .44 magnum, just like the one Dirty Harry used! I sneak cautiously under the window in the kitchen, keeping my eye on the subject, I slowly make my way to the locked patio door, like the guy in Mission Impossible, I ever so gently unlock the lock on the patio door, I swiftly slide the glass door open & point at the subject, I pull the hammer back on the gun & take aim & yelling, FREEZE DIRTBAG!!! I hear a wrrrrrrrrring noise & noticed it's only Correy's dive suit hanging with the dive suit dryer inside inflating it. I told Correy the story when he woke up, he said he was verrrry glad I didn't shoot a bunch of holes in his $2000 diving suit!

No comments: