Thursday, October 29, 2009

"Hi Cindy. This is Bob. Is my mom there?"

Story by Cindy Liardon

This is what I'd hear when I'd answer the phone and it was Correy calling for Vanessa.

In my family, Correy wasn't Correy... he was Bob. In fact, when I shared with my kids the sad news of his passing, they had no idea who I was talking about when I said "Correy". I had to say "Bob".

I don't know exactly how or why it started, but Bob got this nickname when he worked as a childcare employee at Family Community Church. The kids all LOVED Bob and if he was scheduled for childcare, my kids were more than willing to go.

I loved the fact that he'd refer to himself as Bob whenever I talked to him. It just confirms to me that he enjoyed the kids as much as they enjoyed him.

You're definitely missed BOB!




No comments: